Microdermabrasion or Dermabrasion for TCA Peel Burn Scar?

Can Microdermabrasion or dermabrasion lighten TCA peel burn scars? If not, which treatment should I consider doing to improve, if not eradicate it? Also, how much will it cost?

TCA burn scar

+1

The picture shows redness & is not clear whether there is actual scarring with elevation or depression. A vascular laser such as Pulsed Dye Laser or KTP laser would take care of the redness & may help with the elevated scar.

Once all settles, further management will depend on what is left. For the time being, I would recommend neither Dermabrasion, nor Microdermabrasion.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Give it time

+1

Tincture of time is likely your best bet to allow time for resolution of hyperemia following the TCA peel. Any interevention has the potential to prolong the hyperemia and redness.