Microdermabrasion Skin Care for 32 Year Old

I have sun damage, crows feet, and a dark shadow on my mustache area (upper lip) that when ever I am out in the sun it gets darker. I have big problem with whiteheads and some blackheads. I am only 32 years old and I'm in great need for a brighter, fresher look. Will microdermabrasion help?

Microdermabrasion may help for skin care needs

+1

Repeated microdermabrasion is a very mild and safe way to get a fresher look and will help with fine skin texture and pigment abnormalities, but will not help with deep wrinkles such as crows feet. It will help with your mustache area and with the acne, but please also consider routine Retin-A use and perhaps Glycolic peels. Glycolic peels, if done repeatedly and gently, will, over time, decrease pigmentation. That, in conjunction with Retin-A, will help with overall skin texture and appearance. Keep in mind that 30% Glycolic Acid peels and microdermabrasion are on the same level of effectiveness, so please choose one or the other.

For the crows feet, you are better off doing Botox, or if you can handle some downtime in the future, a TCA 25-35% peel.

Hope that helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist