Bumps on Cheeks After Chemical Peel and Microdermabrasion

I had a series of four Microdermabrasion treatments done in conjunction with Chemical peels. I am left with hundreds of little bumps all over my cheeks, jawline and neck. It is two-months after my last treatment. Nothing seems to soothe or ameliorate their appearance. Is this common? What should I do?

They could be milia

+1

They could be milia (clogged pores / acne / plugged ducts / facial bumps / plugged hair follicles). Which are small plugged cysts within a hair follicle. These can be extracted individually. There are also other options including using Retin A, topical antibiotics can help and prevent more from forming. Also, microdermabrasion and superficial chemical peels can be done as soon as your skin is healed. At this point for you, being 2 months out you can do microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and before this I would have you start on a cleaning regime exfoliation and Retin A. The Retin A will stabilize the skin cells and prevent the pores from clogging up. From there, the microdermabrasion and the chemical peels (chemical resurfacing / chemical facials / skin resurfacing) will open up the pores and milia and clear the skin.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon