Can You Have a Microdermabrasion After Juvaderm?

Micordermabrasion before Juvederm or several days later

+1

Microdermabrasion should be performed before Juvederm, if done at the same treatment session or otherwise, wait several days after Juvederm since there are some minute bleeding puncture sites immediately after Juvederm.  Good luck.

Microdermabrasion complements filler

+1

I like to combine modalities to achieve better non-surgical rejuvenation. Microdermabrasion (I actually prefer SilkPeel dermal infision, an updated version) improves skin color and texture, while fillers fill lines and folds and re-volumize the sagging, gaunt face. The massage effect of microdermabrasion after Sculptra can improve results, but I wait a couple of days to avoid any risk of infection. I also wait 2-3 days after Juvederm and Restylane as those 2 products are notorious for delayed bruising and the suction of microdermabrasio may increase that risk. If you want them done the same day, I do the SilkPeel first.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Microdermabrasion Treatment After Filler Treatment - Is It Ok?

+1

Many of our patients undergo filler and microdermabrasion treatments at the same time. If they wish to do both on the same day, we require that they do the microdermabrasion treatment first and then the filler.  In your case, having already done the filler, I would recommend waiting a few days before doing microdermabrasion so that you give the filler a chance to settle in.  We prefer that the areas treated with filler not be massaged, manipulated or superficially sanded (microdermabrasion) immediately after (which is why we recommend they do microdermabrasion first if doing both on the same day).  Generally speaking, combination treatments are excellent for rejuvenation of the skin or treated areas. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Microdermabrasion after Juvederm

+1

You can have microdermabrasion typically few days after Juvederm treatment, as it takes time for the filler to "set"

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Microdermabrassion After Filler

+1

It is perfectly OK to have microdermabrasion treatments after dermal filler treatments, including Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse and/or Sculptra). Combination treatments such as these are an excellent way to refresh and revitalize your appearance. The timing of the treatments, however, is key. I usually tell patients that is takes a few days (2-3 days) for the filler to "set". During this time, it is best not to manipulate or massage the skin too much. I tell patients to avoid the dentist and chewing gum during these days. I would not advise getting microdermabrasion in this immediate post-procedure period.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion should wait several days after Juvederm

+1

I would recommend waiting at last 1-2 days after you have your filler treatment (Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Artefill), especially if you had your cheeks or upper face done.  The microdermabasion might subtly flatten the filler if the filler was put in to add volume to your face, as opposed to just filling wrinkles.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion after Juvederm

+1

The answer is "yes." There should be no problem having microdermabrasion after Juvederm. Perhaps it would be better to wait a day or two after the soft-tissue filler is injected. The greatest risk with Juvederm is mild bruising immediately after the procedure so maybe wait a day or two or even a week before your microdermabrasion.

Microdermabrasion is a very superficial abrasion of the skin surface, some would even call it "skin polishing." As a result, if done properly there is very minimal trauma to the skin. So there is little risk performing it near the same time as the Juvederm injection. Best of luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD