Can I Get a Microdermabrasion After Getting off Accutane?

I took accutane for 4 months with a dosage of 10 mg which is the lowest prescribed dose possible. I have been off for about a month and a half. I have some scars left so I want to get a microdermabrasion done. Is it safe to get a microdermabrasion now with being off for about 2 months?

Microdermabrasion and Accutane

+2

Yes, it's fine to get microdermabrasion after being off Accutane. I will tell you that it's a very, very, very superficial treatment though and has little to no effect on scarring, despite what many estheticians like to state. Microdermabrasion is done only to the very top layers of the skin and acne scarring is in the much deeper layers. If your'e looking to treat scarring, microdermabrasion just doesn't do a lot, but it is fine to do at this point.