Do Microcurrent Face Lifts Work?

Do microcurrent face lifts with portable massagers work to increase skin tone and remove wrinkles?

Microcurrent Facelifts

+1

Microcurrent facelifts may have some small effect but this is not supported in the literature.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Does microcurrent tighten the face

+1

I have seen no scientific evidence to support the procedure. I have seen a lot of Oprah, Dr. Oz, the doctors evidence but as we all know that is just tv fluff.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

No Evidence that Microcurrent Facelifts are Effective

+1

There is no clear evidence in the medical literature (not manufacturer studies) that support that these devices provide any significant benefit. That being said, I find that people who do these routines also take good care of their skin with moisturizers which help soften the appearance of lines caused by dehydration of the skin.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is a micro current face lift effective?

+1

Jowling, neck laxity, midface sagging, and brow sagging are all elements of aging that are best addressed with surgical manipulation using face and brow lifting techniques. Dynamic wrinkle lines such as crows feet and glabellar frown lines are non-invasively addressed using neurotoxins such as botox and disport. Static lines in the face can be addressed with fillers, laser resurfacing, or a combination of the two.

My understanding is that there is very little evidence to support the effectiveness of micro current technology. I would be very cautious of spending your valuable resources on a procedure that will like provide a minimal benefit.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Microcurrent facelifts do not work.

+1

Hi.

In my opinion, this is just false advertising.  Do you remember reading about the snake oil salesmen of the 19th Century?  This is the modern equivalent.

Real facelifts work very well, and they are safe.  So are Botox, fillers, and laser resurfacing.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Do Microcurrent Face Lifts Work?

+1

In my experience, developing one of these devices, yes but a modest amount and while doing something can not be compared to an incision, SMAS tightening Face Lift with removal of 2-3 inches of excess skin.  In my mind all of these non-surgical devices have their place...the trick is understanding how to classify the results, of each, realistically.  

Do Microcurrent Facelifts Work?

+1

There is no documented evidence that microcurrent facelifts work. If they did we all would offer this technique in a day when patients want a non-invasive procedure to achieve the desired result whenever possible.

Facelift, lite lift, and microcurrent

+1

facelifts of any type will always provide more benefit than non surgical methods

muscle stimulation, exercise, topical soluriong and injectables all have some place in te cre and maintenance of your face

electrical stimualation is not well studied 

skin care products, microdermabraision and peels all have provenefficacy

Non-surgical facelift devices

+1

It would be fair to say that if such electrical stimulation, massaging and exercise regimens worked to produce even a fraction of what a surgical facelift could do, everyone would know it and they would be selling for thousand of dollars apiece.  While they are physically harmless, they are not a good use of your time or money.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

It depends on what you mean by work?

+1

They stimulate muscle contraction.  Some people believe that this improves the tone of the facial muscles.  There is no real evidence of that.  Generally I think it is a harmless service but no it makes no real difference for the appearance.