Is Micro Laser Peel Effective and Safe for Dark Skin (Indian Origin) and What Depth?

I am 44 man from india, has dark spot and uneven skin tone, is Micro laser peel safe and effective, what depth and any experts zip 77479 or near by

+1

We have had amazing results with the Dot Co2 Laser Resurfacing on darker pigmented skin.  We are able to control the heat and depth with this technology.  You can do research on the internet to view before and after photos using this laser on darker pigmented skin.

Micro laser peel and pigment disturbance

+1

You are correct to have concern regarding laser peels in your skin type. First of all darker spots are deeper than the depth of a micro laser peel. We have a beautiful erbium system called the Sciton Joule. We are able to dial down the depth of the treatment to customize the depth. I am concerned that the level of your undesirable pigment is not going to be in the micro laser peel range. I also agree pretreatment and post laser protection fron the sun are critical if you decide to proceed.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Micro Laser Peel for Types V and VI skin

+1

There is a risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation with micro laser peel in types V and VI skin, even at the most superficial depth (10 microns).

You would need to use a broad spectrum sunscreen at least SPF 80 and a skin lightening agent like hydroquinone for a month before and a month after the procedure.  That decreases but does not eliminate the risk.

You are right about wanting to find an expert.  You need to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with training and experience in doing this procedure, particularly in Types V and VI skin.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon