Can a "Micro" Fat Transfer Significatilly Reduce Healing Time?

I'm considering fat grafting to add volume to my cheeks. I'm not interested in temporary fillers .The problem is that I have to be presentable after a few days! I was wondering if doing- instead of a single big fat transfer session -multiple sessions where only a very little amount of fat is injected would significatilly reduce the healing phase (BRUISING and swelling.)?Or would healing be the same?My thought is to achieve very gradually the desired volume and reducing drammatically downtime.

Fat Grafting to Face and Being Presentable in a Few Days

+1

The fat grafting to the face usually results in very little bruising, but sometimes the swelling is difficult to predict.  Although you may look good and fuller in a few days, it is probably better to have a week off.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of fat grafting procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfer to the face

+1

Dear RP89,

• When you want to do something, you want to do it correctly
  • Fat transfer is a great procedure when done properly
  • There is bruising and swelling to be expected and would not recommend fat transfer if you only have a few days to heal
  • It is best to do as much as you can the first time around, otherwise you would have to wait 6 months between sessions to see what fat takes and what doesn't

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Micro Fat Transfer and Healing Time

+1

Micro fat transfer to face usually results in swelling and rarely bruising.  The face usually takes in much smaller amounts than the rest of the body.  Doing even smaller amounts will still result in some swelling and it may not be significantly different then if you just went ahead and did it right from the beginning.  Smaller amounts are also less likely to give you a visible final result that you will be satisfied with.    The good news is that done right, although you will have a little swelling, there really is minimal downtime and you should be presentable in a couple days.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon