Squeezed Chin Implant, Is Damage Permanent?

6 years ago i got a chin implant. it has shifted slightly and i went to a doctor a few days ago for a consultation . During the consultation he squeezed my chin somewhat hard. Since then I have been experiencing a muscle spasm in my chin that is viable when moving. What could he have done, and is it permanent? What can I do, please help

Chin Implant

+1

Depending on the shape of the chin implant, you may have had a capsular contracture, reason for the perceived shift. Even by physical examination and pressing on the implant that can not rupture the capsule or damage the implant or the muscle or the soft tissue. The muscle spasm could be due to the capsular contracture.

Squeezed chin implant

+1

Your chin implant was likely displaced slightly and the effect is not permanent. That said, the space was there from when it was placed 6 year ago. It should be rock-solid by now and non-movable.  

Raj S. Ambay, MD