Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck?

I posted earlier with a photo of my tummy, ( https://www.realself.com/question/michigan-the-option-for-my-belly-photo ) and got a few helpful responses. I'd never heard of a reverse tummy tuck before I read those doctors' comments, and am now curious about how the procedure works, what it costs, where the scars would be located, and if anyone has before and after photos of the procedure they'd be willing to share or have seen some and could direct me to the source?

Reverse Tummy Tuck

+1

A reverse tummy tuck is a seldom performed operation for laxity that is totally limited to the area above the umbilicus. The distance between the umbilicus and pubis is long making for a difficult stretch or an incomplete tummy tuck was previously performed. The incision runs along the infra mammary fold on both sides and crosses the midline where the scar can be problematic . Cost is somewhat less than a traditional TT since there is no plication and it takes a bit less time. Some physicians have combined it with breast surgery such as augmentation.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Reverse Abdominoplasty

+1

This procedure, rather uncommonly done, would have an incision along the breast folds, usually joined together over the midline. It works on the occasional patient with laxity limited to the upper abdomen. Fees may be a bit less than for a standard TT. 

An actual physical exam done during a consultation will be the best way to know if you are a good candidate. 

All the best. 

Reverse abdominoplasty

+1

A reverse abdominoplasty is rarely a first choice operation.  If there is excess skin of the abdomen above the umbilicus and the patient is a poor candidate for a standard abdominoplasty due to medical conditions then a reverse abdominoplasty may be considered.  

Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck?

+1

A reverse tummy tuck will help with upper abdominal laxity.  The scars will be placed in the breast folds.  Typical cost would be about $5000 to $10000.    This may be the only real option in some cases.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Reverse or Superiorly-Based Tummy Tuck

+1

For those women who have loose skin around and above the belly button but not below it or have had a prior tummy tuck with loose residuakl skin above the belly button, a reverse or superiorly-based tummy tuck is the only skin removal option. By removing skin along the lower breast folds (and across the sternum, the only exposed area) the tummy is lifted just like pulling up with your hands along your rib cage. In the properly selected patient this can be a very good option if one can accept a scar along the lower breast folds.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck?

+1

It involves a scar on the upper abdomen, at the breast crease and accross the center of the chest.  It's idial for someone who has a little loose skin above the belly button only.  I have done it mostly on women who have had previous mini TT or full TT but have some remaining loose skin on the upper abdomen only.

Reverse abdominoplasty is seldom indicated.

+1

A reverse abdominoplasty introduces a scar across the upper portion of the abdomen below the breasts. It is occasionally an adjunct in patients is had massive weight loss. Seldom is it indicated in average patients.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm