Painful Lump in the Butt?

In 2010 I went to a surgeon and had fat transfer. As a result I had a large mass in my butt that became infected. I was hospitalized and the area was drained. I went to him with complaints of the lump and he injected it with steroids. The doctor has since relocated and now I'm stuck with a very painful lump that has turned very dark in that same area. It is ruining my personal life and I don't knw where to find a surgeon who specializes in this. I don't want to make matters worst. Please help

Painful Lump in the Butt?

+2

I have dealt with this issue numerous times.   Any residual area of concern should be excised.  Once the area is clear of problems, the area can be grafted again.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pain in the Butt after fat transfer, steroid shot, and drainage.

+2

The darkness in the area of drainage and continued pain indicates to me that this is an active problem that may flare up soon.  I recommend that you see a qualified plastic surgeon right away to get this treated definitively, and quickly.

sek

Your sy

Scott E. Kasden, MD