Painful Lump in the Butt?

In 2010 I went to a surgeon and had fat transfer. As a result I had a large mass in my butt that became infected. I was hospitalized and the area was drained. I went to him with complaints of the lump and he injected it with steroids. The doctor has since relocated and now I'm stuck with a very painful lump that has turned very dark in that same area. It is ruining my personal life and I don't knw where to find a surgeon who specializes in this. I don't want to make matters worst. Please help

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Painful Lump After BBL

+2

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you had some fat necrosis that led to an infection requiring drainage.   At this stage you probably have a combination of scarring and fat necrosis. Fat necrosis tends to soften after about a year.  At this point, if there is a contour irregularity, additional fat transfer would be indicated. Removing the lump would potentially cause a contour irregularity.  There are a lot of issues to consider. Please consult with a Plastic Surgeon experienced in gluteal contouring for examination and furhter advice.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Painful Lump in the Butt?

+2

I have dealt with this issue numerous times.   Any residual area of concern should be excised.  Once the area is clear of problems, the area can be grafted again.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Pain in the Butt after fat transfer, steroid shot, and drainage.

+2

The darkness in the area of drainage and continued pain indicates to me that this is an active problem that may flare up soon.  I recommend that you see a qualified plastic surgeon right away to get this treated definitively, and quickly.

sek

Your sy