Does my Stomach Require Surgery? (photo)

I have had two babies, both fairly large and has left me with both plenty of loose skin and stretch marks. What would be recommended to fix the loose skin on my belly? Would a workout do it or does it require invasive surgery?

Loose Skin on Belly?

+1

From the pictures, you do have stretchmarks, but your skin does not appear to be particularly lax.  In addition, the depression above your belly button will not be removed due to its superior extension.  Muscle tightening may be an option as well.  However, physical exam would be best to sort out the best option for you with a well credentialed, board certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy tuck or more working out?

+1

You can improve your figure with working out; however, I think you may find that you have a fair amount of extra skin there that will not go away with working out.  If this turns out to be the case, it can easily be removed with a tummy tuck.  God luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy tuck to fix loose skin.

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Going to the gym is great.  It will not fix extra skin and/or stretch marks.  Abdominoplasty can be a solution.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you will make an appropriate plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Does my Stomach Require Surgery

+1

Workouts will help many things, but will not tighten skin. The photo illustrates a modest amount of excess skin. Only an in person exam will confirm the exact nature of the procedure that will be best for you , but it appears that would will benefit from a tummy tuck . Some excess skin and fat would be removed, and the abdominal wall tightened. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy tuck

+1

The only way to get rid of loose skin is with surgery. There is no exercise to tighten skin.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon