Wanting Saline, Under Muscle Implants to Achieve a DD: Do I Need a Lift? (photo)

I want saline implants under the muscle. I would prefer not to have the scars from a lift. Is there any alternatives? What would my results look like? I'm a small C now and would like to be a DD. How many cc's would that be?

Breast Augmentation + Lift

+1
The short answer is: if you need a lift, you need a lift. Since you would like to be on the bigger side, you may be able to get away without a lift. This can only be determined at your consultation after your examination. We also can’t determine how many cc’s you need until we measure you.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with breast lift in Los Angeles

+1

An implant with a breast lift will add volume to your breast and improve the breast contour.  I would opt for a combination breast lift with implant. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift

+1

From you photos, it appears that you will benefit from an augmentation with a full lift.  I understand not wanting the scars but without a lift, your own breast tissue will be hanging off of your implant and that will not be aesthetically pleasing.  There are many scar treatments to help with the scarring but definitely consider the lift with augmentation.  You really don't want to do something and create another problem that you will be unhappy with.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Lift?

+1

If you have breast augmentation alone, the implant will appear high and the breast tissue will fall off the implant.     The breast lift will be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift Questions

+1

Breast lift procedures are performed in a variety of techniques.  They all can be incorporated to reduce areola to a more youthful size, remove excess skin and repostion the nipple and areola to a higher position.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your individual options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation together with lollipop lift gives perkiest result.

+1

Hi.

You will not have a good result just with implants.  I would not do it.  If you are not happy afterwards, it will be because you don't like the shape.  If women love their new size and shape, they accept the scars just fine.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

LIft?

+1

Implants will only add volume to your breasts.  What your breasts look like now is what they will look like when everything settles, only larger, if you just do implants.  A lift will require scars but it will give you a perkier look to your breasts.  Lifts can be done with or without the addition of implants.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Nipple lift with implants

+1

Hi Julyfire

Although you might want to avoid the scars associated with a nipple lift, I think the trade off for shape will be worth it. An implant only will certainly fill your bra, but will not look good once your bra is off.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

To Lift or Not To Lift

+1
Thank you for your question.  There is no question that your best result would be a breast augmentation with a breast lift.  Having said that, if you are willing to live with a lower nipple position and a longer shape, then augmentation alone would get you to a double D.  You would have the size and shape in a bra but not outside of a bra.  This is ultimately your decision.  All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Based on your pictures, a lift would be appropriate for your situation. However, I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that they can go over the best options for you.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD