Can Juvaderm 1.0 Cc Cover my Smile Lines and a Little in my Upper Lip?

I always get my upper lip done juvaderm , i usually use half of it . This time i want to do my upper lip using half of the syringe and the other half for my smile line . Is it enough for my face or i need more? i am 22 years old and my lines arent too obvious but because i lost weight its now obvious

Assess amount of filler during a good physician consult

+1

I recommend visiting a reputable physician for consult. Amount of filler depends on the area of injection, your individual appearance at presentation, and your desired aesthetic. Best of luck.

Juvederm

+1

It's hard to know how much you will need without seeing a picture.  If you use just half for your lips, you can use the other half for your smile lines and see if it's enough.  If it isn't, you can decide if it bothers you enough that you want to buy more filler or not.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Juvederm For Smile Lines

+1

Yes, in a conservative approach, Juvederm injections to the smile lines can provide correction. However, because Juvederm is not a permanent filler, may injections may be necessary to maintain optimal results.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Is 1cc of Juvederm enough for smile lines and upper lip

+1

If you are only using 1/2 the syringe for the lip, and want to treat more areas, you can. I don't know if it will be enough for full correction of your smile lines because I don't have photos to comment on. So for some patients, it may be enough, for others who have deep lines in that area, they make need 1-2 additional syringes for full correction. Each patient is different, so it's hard to give you a general answer about what's best for you.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Is Juvederm 1cc enough for upper lip and smile lines?

+1

It would be helpful if you had a photo. How much product you need depends on how deep the lines are and what you want in your lip.  Typically it would take 1 syringe divided for superficial smile lines.  A  person with deeper lines might need 1 syringe on each side.  If you have had Juvederm in your lip before it might not take as much.  But it's best to prioritize the areas, and treat that to full correction rather than spreading the product too far and not seeing the results you want. Best to come prepared to purchase a second syringe if needed. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Smile lines best treated with Botox.

+1

Hi.

You are awfully young for so much stuff!  Cannot get specific without examining you, but fillers are only very seldom used for smile lines.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)