Incision Pain from Tummy Tuck 4 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I had full TT wih hernia repair, muscle repair and lipo to sculpt my waist. I am having pain in the pubic area below my incision it is sharp and stabbing. It does not look any more red incision looks like it's healing nicely. It is not warm to touch, I can pinpoint the pain to area right below incision it does not appear swollen or even feel lumpy. The pain is probably a 6 or 7 and comes and goes. I am uploading a picture the pain is below the incision.

Post op stabbing pain?

+3

This sounds like you may be working on a traumatic neuroma.  If you tap that exact point and it sends an electric shock, that will be diagnostic.  If that happens, you may want to just start tapping on it for about 30 seconds about twice a day to desensitize it. It should take about 6 weeks or so to settle down.

Either way, inform your ps.

sek

Incision pain after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. Although localized sharp pain that you describe can be a sign of nerve entrapment, that is unusual.

It is much more likely that at 4 weeks you are becoming more active and stretching the tissues beneath the scar.

It is very important that you see your plastic surgeon for an examination and advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Pain After Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+1

That scar looks very normal for the stage of wound healing you are in. It can take 12 months for scars to totally mature and during that time the collagen is re-organizing and becoming softer. I think you appear to be happy with your results, but just need a little re-assurance that you are healing well and it seems you are. Stay in close contact with your surgeon and staff for continued support and advice.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tummy tuck pain

+1

You look like you are healing great and there are no signs of infection.  At 4 weeks after surgery, you have nerves that are regenerating and sometimes they give strange sensations as they heal: burning, sharp pains, stabbing pain that goes away quickly, etc... It will likely get better with time and there are some nerve pain medications that can help with the discomfort.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pain below incision in abdominoplasty

+1

You don't seem to have any signs of infection or fluid accumulation in the area, so the cause of the pain is most likely an irritated nerve ending or some traction on the repair where you pubic area was sown to lift it up.  Talk to your surgeon and seek examination if it persists.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Incision Pain 4 Weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1

This deeper incisional pain at the pubic area may be suture related pain in the superficial fascial system, frequently closed to provide for increased wound strength.  A physical exam would be necessary to confirm or refute this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Incision Pain from Tummy Tuck 4 Weeks Post Op

+1

I see nothing in the photo that is helpful in explaining your pain. Discuss with your surgeon. It may be that a local anesthetic patch (Lidoderm) will be helpful while this subsides. 

All the best.