Do most doctors stray away from high profile implants? (Photo)

My PS stated that HP are usually reserved for reconstructive surgeries. She stated that HP in other cases usually gives too much of a "fake" or "ballie" I'm 5'6 130lb. I'm scheduled to get 400cc moderate plus silicone implants along with my lejour lift!! I believe this will give me the result I am looking for, just curious about what other surgeons think.

Choosing High Profile Implants

+2
A high profile implant is used mainly for women who measure a very narrow rib cage and breast width. The high profile implant will help fit your body better, which will also allow a you to have the amount of volume you desire with a smaller diameter implant. The best way to determine if a high profile implant is right for you would be to be measured in conjunction to the size you choose and try them on. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

High profile breast implants

+2
Dear Mama runner,
High profile implants definitely have their place in breast augmentation surgery.  You need a lift regardless of whether or not you use a high profile implant.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Dr. Kayser

+2
The use of a specific implant is based on many factors including the base width and projection of your breast and chest wall or rib cage in relation to the volume of implant desired. Also, certain women prefer a different look than others. It would not be uncommon for a patient in your situation to have a HP implant based on your selected volume. I am glad to hear that you are having a breast lift as this will be the most important correction for you. I hope this helps and have a Happy New Year! Dr. Kayser - St. Clair Shores, MI

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants

+2
High profile implants are good products for the right patient.   I agree that you definitely need a lift. Best to be seen in person to determine what is the right implant for you.

High profile implants

+2
I believe that the real reason high profile implants are not used very often is that they do not typically fit a patient's dimensions. It is important for the implants to fit the dimensions of the patient. High profile implants are very narrow, and if you put a narrow implant on a wider chest, there will be wide spacing between the implants. I think you will have a nice result with the moderate plus profile. Best wishes!

Holly Casey Wall, MD, FACS
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Do most doctors use high profile implants

+2
If you look at patient interest on this site, high profile breast implants are currently 'popular', but trends can and do change. They can be helpful in reconstruction, true, however most use them to push up the volume in a narrow chest. We tend to stay with a moderate profile for most, and think your surgeon has it right.

High profile implants

+2

HP implants definitely have their role in narrow-chested women.  They do tend to look more fake as the volumes get larger.  In addition, because the weight is so concentrated centrally, they tend to bottom out much more commonly than other style implants.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

High Profile vs Moderate Plus implant choice

+2
I think your surgeon is correct in her analysis and I agree that High Profile breast implants in many cases gives too much of a "fake" look.  You should do well with  moderate plus silicone implants along with a lollipop lift or the Lejour lift procedure in the right hands of a well trained board certified plastic surgeon

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Lift more important then implant profile

+1
From your photographs, the most essential procedure is a mastopexy. I do not use the LeJour technique since it leaves ugly vertical scars. There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed while avoiding the ugly vertical scars, which cannot be hidden. At the same time, implants can be added to increase your projection. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it. It is unlikely that 400 cc implants would fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. You appear to have sufficient breast tissue and a small implant will avoid the unattractive fake look.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

High Profile Implants in Breast Augmentation

+1

High profile breast implants are commonly used but the key is proper patient selection. Narrow chested women, small breast base width, the desire for larger breast volumes and the acceptance of a rounder breast look are all good indications for the use of a high profile breast implant.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD