CoolSculpting to reduce "love handles" after tummy tuck. (Photo)

I had a TT on 06/19/2013 with lipo on flanks and muscle repair. My PS has suggested that I under go 2 treatments 6 weeks apart of CoolSculpting on my flanks in an attempt to avoid another lipo session. Do you think that Coolsculpting will be aggressive enough to remove "love handles?" I'm a little skeptical about how well CoolSculpting works and if the results will be too subtle?

CoolSculpting to reduce "love handles" after tummy tuck

+1
Coolsculpting results on love handles are excellent. The photo alone is insufficient to determine if you are a candidate. However, it appears to be a reasonable recommendation from your surgeon.

Treating love handles after tummy tuck

+1
Looking at your pictures, CoolSculpting would be a great way to minimize the flank area. Your anterior abdomen and internal muscle wall is nice and tight after the tummy tuck and treatment to the flanks should give you nice contours and an hour glass shape to your stomach and hip area. To give you an idea of how much effect it will have on your flanks, CoolSculpting should reduce the fat approximately 20-40% in a given area. Hope that this helps you in your decision making!

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Losing the Love Handles

+1
Based on the information and photo you've provided, I'd agree with the recommendation of your plastic surgeon. Because you've tightened your underlying abdominal muscles with a tummy tuck, CoolSculpting is a great procedure to tone your love handles without undergoing another invasive procedure. Good luck!

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Treatments

+1
A Coolsculpting treatment destructs about 20% of the fat in the treated area; sometimes multiple treatments in the same area are necessary for the best results.

The Coolsculpting technology is the only non-invasive procedure that uses advanced cooling technology to gently and effectively target and eliminate fat in specific areas of a patient’s body.

Results are not immediate, you will see the results typically between 2-4 months after the procedure, once your body naturally eliminates the destructed fat.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist that specializes in this procedure to see if you are a candidate and how many treatments you may need for best results.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
CoolSculpting is perfect for you. It is meant to remove mild to moderate excess fat in the well defined anatomical regions of the body such as the abdomen, flanks and thighs. It can and will take care of your “love handles”. It does not offer the immediate gratification of surgery, but you don’t have the cost of surgery, nor the recovery period. You will notice a difference in about two months.It does work.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting on Love Handles

+1
You look like an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting on the flanks.  You may need more than one session but I would wait two months between each treatment to assess the results. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Love handles after a tummy tuck

+1
You can get this area treated but I would stack the treatment so that it is repeated right after the first one or wait 2-3 months between treatments.In Austin we have two Cool Sculpting machines two make this process more efficient.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS