Can a newly developed Cholesteatoma grow big enough to be seen behind the ear/mastoid bone to the naked eye? (photo)

Resulting in a bump. I had a cholesteatoma removed back in 2002-2003. After the surgery further down the road I noticed along with everyone else that i had what looked like was a bump behind my left ear. I have lived with this bump behind my ear for at least 10 years and never have had any problems with it hurting. Its not comfy to sleep on obviously. The ENT referred me to university of Michigan and wasn't sure about the bump. He'd never seen anything like it. What does it look like to you?

Mass behind ear

+1

impossible to speculate without a further work up including a MRI of the head. I agree that the university of Michigan ENT department is the place to go.