Am I a Candidate for Closed Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My nose is a bit crooked and very boxy at the tip. I am interested in a bit of improvement to the symmetry and narrowing of the tip for a natural look. I have also have a high bridge (seen best from profile view). I am interested in a closed procedure because of the quicker recovery time. Any recommendations on what I need done and if a closed rhinoplasty will accomplish this? Thank you!

Closed vs Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Do not pick the technique, pick the surgeon. All experienced surgeons have their own preferences - you can get an excellent result with either approach. Consult will surgeons who show natural results in noses like yours.

Crooked nose, boxy tip

+1

I can straighten a nose using a closed approach provided there is not tissue loss. The cause of the Boxy tip may need an open approach. Is there a wide interdomal distance or is there wide arching between the medial and lateral crus on each side? For preciseness an open approach is sometimes the best apporoach.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty for a bulbus tip

+1

A bulbous tip can be repaired through closed rhinoplasty techniques which is what we've been doing for the last 20+ years. Tip suturing techniques, spreader grafts, osteotomies and hump reduction can all be performed  through closed rhinoplasty.   The link below is to our closed rhinoplasty photo gallery

+1

Yes you are a very good candidate for withr open or closed rhinoplasties. Best to see a few boarded surgeons in your area.