Would 300cc Be Too Big for my Goal of a Full B Cup?

I am a 31 year old mother of 3 currently victoria secret 34 A wanting to be a full B cup modestly a C cup. My PS suggested 275-300 cc high profile silicone sub muscular. Also he is inserting a pain pump which releases a lidcaine type medicine for 4 days? Is this a good thing??I am wanting a very natural look as well as a little on modest side. I'm 5'4 120lbs who enjoys working out. Should I try 220-250cc range to achieve this goal? Biggest concern being too big.

300 cc Implant is good to go from Cup A to to Full B ?

+2

Hello, the best way to decide the right size of Implant is in-person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. But in general terms, 300 cc (gr) is considered a "medium size" Implant, and will probably give the new desired cup (maybe around full B / small C). ...   The sizing for Breast Augmentation will consider  your actual breast size plus the Implant volume. About the lidocaine pumps some surgeons use them, but I do not find them necessary. Best Wishes..

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant correct size

+2

I think that without an exam I can not say for sure. Why don't you do a baggy test with the volumes you are considering? Some surgeons use pain pumps, I do not find it necessary.

Breast augmentation sizing

+2

Dear Kate,
While it is difficult to give precise advice online, based on your description of wanting to be a full B cup, you will likely be closer to 250-275cc implants to provide that kind of a cup size for you. More importantly, you should have this discussion with your plastic surgeon looking at similar patient pictures and the final outcome.  Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Cup size and breast implant size.

+2

Cup size is difficult to predict.  Your current volume and the breast implant volume determines the final size, so a 300cc implant, say, may be a B or a C  (or even a D), depending on the starting volume.  If you want to end up as a B-cup, try buying a couple of  B-cup bras and go back to your surgeon's office and fit the sizers into it.  This is not all that easy to judge, but it helps.

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Choosing An Implant

+2

Thank you for the question. I will typically encourage patients to focus on the result not the cup size. Cup size is an idea not a hard number. This can be seen when one puts on 2 bras that are "identical" yet they often will not fit the same.

I would recommend you re-consult with your plastic surgeon, show him pictures, if you have not done so, of what your goal is so that he can adjust his plan accordingly. He is in the best position to give you advice as he has the advantage of an in-person examination, therefore not only does he have your measurements but has evaluated the quality/elasticity of your tissues that you cannot get by pictures or an on-line description.

The most important part of achieving your desired results is good pre-operative communication with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Selecting Implant Size

+2

Discussing breast implant size is always important. using photographs of other before and after photos of patients he or she has operated on will be a help in communicating your goals. of course, your height, bone structure, width of chest and current amount of breast tissue will play a role in selecting the ideal size and shape of breast implants. Without seeing you it is hard to know, but I am inclined to think that 300cc implants will give a look larger than the b cup bra size you desire.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

300 cc Too Large for Full B cup

+2

The short answer is that 300 cc is probably too large to get to a full B cup.  However, I would not focus on cup size.  Sizers in the office will give you a good idea of implant size.   The average volume implant placed in the US is 350 cc so a 300 cc implant is not a big implant.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

250 cc to 300 cc for a modest full B cup

+1

Thank you for your question. Breast implant size is best determined by physical examination with your plastic surgeon and the use of various biometric measurements and breast implant sizing system

.That said if your concern is being to be then I believe your plastic surgeon size range is appropriate for you

.You can try the Rice test in the privacy of your own home to see how various sizes would look on you.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

I think 300cc will meet your goals.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD