Do I need a 2nd tummy tuck revision?

I had a full TT with MR, HR and SmarLipo (350 cc off the flanks) on 06/19/2013 and a dog ear and SmartLipo (250 cc off the flanks) revision on 01/13/2014. I'm not completely happy with my results and don't know how to tell PS without offending him or sounding like a brat. My PS is BC and considered the best PS in my area. Why are my flanks still so chubby after being lipo'd twice? Do I need a 2nd revision of the dog ears and flanks or is this as good as it gets for me?

Unhappy with results

+1
Thanks for your pictures. You do not need anymore dog ear revision. You need more aggressive liposuction of your flanks. Tradition tumescent Lipo should be just fine. 

Good Luck. 

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Liposuction and abdominoplasty

+1
When an abdominoplasty is done it is fine to aggressively liposuction the flank area.  5000 cc can be safely removed but you do not have that much.   You will benefit from a general liposuction of your abdomen and flanks.   There is a limit of liposuction directly of the flap during the TT procedure.   Too much liposuction of the flap at the initial procedure could threaten the survival of the flap.  Not a good idea.  But now a full abdominal and flank lipo should work nicely for you.  This is what I think could be considered.  Overall you have the makings of a nice result and this is a little bit more that may help you be happy.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Revision needed?

+1
You should definitely talk to your Plastic Surgeon about your results. If he cannot offer any more revisions you may want to seek a second opinion from another PS. Up to 4500cc can be safely removed in an outpatient setting. You may need to find a PS who does this larger volume more regularly. The volume you had removed is about as much as in a can of Coke and you may not see the results that more volume can achieve. Best Wishes

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Expectations following abdominoplasty

+1
I have not seen your pre-op pictures for each procedure, therefore unable to comment on how much volume was removed.  These is a maximum amount that can be removed safely.  Also, the majority of swelling resolves after three months, followed with residual edema resolving up to a year, so you will probably see more changes over the next few months.  If you are not happy, I highly recommend you be honest with your PS.  If the response does not satisfy you, seek another opinion.  The bottom line is that you are happy and content with your result. 
Thank you

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Lipo

+1
Judging by your pictures you seem to have excess fat but not excess skin.  This can be treated with liposuction.  As plastic surgeons we always want the best results for our patients.  Good luck!

Adam Saad, MD
Atlantic City Plastic Surgeon