Would 1.0 Cc Juvaderm Fill my Upper Lip and Smile Lines? (photo)

I have always used juvaderm for my upper lip but never used the whole syringe . Now I have been noticing my smile lines because am loosing weight . Can I use on syringe for my upper lip and my smile lines?

Would 1.0 Cc Juvaderm Fill my Upper Lip and Smile Lines?

+1

Yes, you can apply the remaining product to the nasolabial folds. You may not see full correction but just a slight difference. Applying a full syringe to the folds would be more beneficial. 

Juvederm Amount For Full Lips

+1

Injecting 1CC of Juvederm is a good amount to start with, though depending on the crease depth, more injections might be needed for a full correction.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm to fill the smile lines and lip

+1

Photos are always difficult to analyze and give a 100% definitive answer.  It looks like it would take one cc of Juvederm to inject your nasolabial folds.  Generally you cannot fill lips and nasolabial folds with only one syringe.  Your upper lip looks full already.  Next time use the left over Juvederm for your nasolabial folds.  If you need more you can always decide at the time of the visit.  Find an experienced cosmetic dermatologist in your area.

Michele S. Green, MD

+1

You can try but most likely two syringes are needed. Discuss with your injecting doctor to fully understand the amounts per syringe. 

Best use of Juvederm

+1

Based on your photos, I  would recommend against any further volume in your upper lip, as you already have very nice full lips.  Based on your photos, a syringe of Juvederm will of course help with the smile lines (nasolabial folds), however they are not very prominent.   It is hard to say without a full facial view, but your photographs suggest some mild volume loss in the anterior cheek.  Using Juvederm or another filler to correct that volume loss might be a better overall rejuvenation.   I would of course recommend you discuss this with your trusted, certified injector.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The answer totally depends upon the amount of volume needed in a person's lip. Based on your photos (thank you for posting) I would say that one syringe of dermal filler would be adequate to augment your lips (won't take much) and lines around your mouth. That is certainly a better option than wasting the leftover filler. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could I use Juvederm in my upper lip and smile lines

+1

If you are only using part of the syringe for your upper lip (which is very full already!) then, yes, you can use it in your smile lines for the remaining amount left over.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm for Upper lip and Smile Lines

+1

Since your upper lip requires less than a whole syringe routinely and does not appear to need a significant amount based on your pictures, you are certainly able to use the rest of the syringe to fill other places. As you indicate your smile lines are not very deep it sounds reasonable to use the remaining filler there. Speak to your doctor prior to the injections to decide what you wish to do.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for lip augmentation and softening of nasolabial folds

+1

You have nice, full lips!  I would be hesitant to add much volume to your lips.  Going back to your question, though - yes, you can certainly use Juvederm to soften your smile lines as well as address your lips.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD