If Planning to Do a Bbl out of Town How Long Should I Plan to Stay in Town For?

2 wks, a month? What's best for follow up appts, and fat survival if I'm flying?

BBL coming in from out of town

+4

Mrs.Clarke:

We get about 100 patients a year who fly in from out-of-town for the BBL at our practice. Most stay in Miami for 7-10 days. We've had a few leave after 4 days, but those were exceptions and were told that they might have to stay a bit longer if we thought they were not ready to fly. The flying per se is not an issue, but I do recommend that they sit on the boppy-pillow on the plane and get up and walk around at least once during the flight. Fat graft survival has not been an issue.

Hope this helps,

best wishes,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Traveling for a Brazilian butt lift

+1

In our practice, we recomend our patients to stay 7 to 10 days within the area for them to be able to attend all their post op appointments with our therapist and myself, It also gives them time to heal and be ready to travel back home with no problems.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Stay in Miami After BBL

+1

I usually recommend to my patients that they stay in the miami area for at least one week before traveling.   This is done more for patient safety reasons than for anything else.

regards

Dr Tachmes

Miami Beach Plastic Surgery Center and Medspa

Leonard Tachmes, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you are doing the BBL in an out of town, you need to ask the operating surgeon how long you need to stay around and when you can travel safely.

There are many Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in Miami who do perform this procedure with great success.