Is Having Lipo a Second Time on the Same Area a Bad Idea?

Hi, I had a BBL 4 months ago and would like to go for a 2nd round to give my butt a better shape. The doctor told me that the only area where I have fat left is my front thighs but I already had lipo on this area before. Is it ok to do it again? Is there more risk of lumpiness? Thank you.

Repeat liposuction

+2

The only problem with repeat liposuction is that there is now scar and fibrosis from the original procedure.  This is not a deal breaker, but you have to expect more soreness and a less pronounced result the second time around.

+2

About 25% of the Brazilian buttlift surgeries I perform are revisions from other surgeries.  An area can be liposuctioned again and the buttlift can be performed again by the right surgeon.   There is no question that the second or third round is more challenging.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat injection and donor sites

+1

Repeat liposuction through scar tissue may be more difficult. An exam is necessary to determine what could be accomplished for you.