I Went to a Dermatologist I Want to Do my Nasalfold with Perlane and Dysport for Crows Frown Rehead? (photo)

I am 45 went to the dermatologist yesterday I did dysport and I want perlane since it is thicker then resteylne she insisted restylene was better she used 1cc syringe. My nasal fold were crooked so iSync bottom lip. She injected nasal fold and whatever was left from the string on my bottom lip which looks pretty even. My problem is my left nasal fold looks like it needs more and the right is smoothed. I would of paid for two syringes.

I Went to a Dermatologist I Want to Do my Nasalfold with Perlane and Dysport for Crows Frown Rehead?

+1

1cc of Restylane wouldn't be enough filler to see full correction from your treatment. I suggest you re-visit your medical provider and purchase another syringe.

How much filler needed for nasolabial folds

+1

For deeper nasolabial folds, I like the thicker filler Perlane. However, I don't use it as much for the lips, usually using Restylane or Juvederm. So, perhaps they used Restylane for you since they were planning to treat both areas and it was a kind of in-between option. In any case, if after 2 weeks you're not fully satisfied, return to your dermatologist for reassessment and possibly more filler. They may have underestimated how much filler you needed, or budget may have been a constraint, or they were trying to go slow so there was a more subtle improvement that others wouldn't comment on.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane or Perlane

+1

Based on the photo's it looks like you may need a follow up visit to the provider to discuss your concerns at this point. Sometimes massage and additional product is all you need for a very pleasing outcome.

Sam Naficy, MD

Filler for the nasolabial folds

+1

Perlane and Radiesse are both fantastic fillers for the nasolabial folds. After one day, you may not be seeing the final result of your treatment. There can be some associated swelling, and you should wait 1-2 weeks before considering a touch up. After that time, I would recommend seeing the physician who performed your injections. He/she will be able to provide you with advice and perform a touch up if necessary. Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane versus Perlane

+1

Wait for 2 weeks to see your results and return for more filler if you wish.  Discuss which product would work best for your nasolabial folds.  Perlane does give more volume than Restylane.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Post perlane injection

+1

Since you are only a day or two out it would be a simple matter to go back and have a second injection.This is not a problem,

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Restylane before and after

+1

Dear Adele67,

• You were right, I frequently need to inject as least 2cc into nasolabial folds and if you were injected in the lips too, then 1cc is not enough
  • Just go back to your injector, adding more Restylane is easy
  • Because you just want the nasolabial folds, perlane is a good idea as well

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane to Smile Lines...

+1

Your swelling will go down.  Wait 1 to 2 weeks before going back for a follow up.  That is when you can get a "touch up" if need be.  You may need to purchase the second syringe then.  Every provider is different on what products they like in certain areas.  Restylane is a great product as well. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Restylane in nasolabial folds

+1

I am not sure why your dermatologist used Restylane instead of Perlane but it might of been because she prefers that for lips as Perlane is not used much in this area. It is also possible that they are more comfortable using Restylane. This is an important question to ask if you want to use Perlane as you want to make sure that your doctor is comfortable with what the are using. That being said, Restylane should do just fine in NLF too. Wait a week or two and see how it looks. If you feel that you need more filler go back and discuss with your doctor. They might have just been trying to do you a favor and save you some money. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Perlane, Restylane and Nasolabial fold fillers

+1

I always think it is very important to be quite honest with your patient when they come in for cosmetics. As you know, it can be costly and you want to get results! Often times patients do need more than one syringe to fully correct the nasolabial folds and I always warn them of this before doing any procedure. In fact, it often can take up to three syringes in moderate to deep folds (and this is usually the case). Perlane is a much denser product and is great for those folds (still at times likely need 2 syringes), but we do use Restylane quite often as well. I say wait at least one week to see the final result once the product has settled since you still get residual swelling. Go in for a filler eval and perhaps they can correct the other area for you with one of the half syringes of Restylane if they carry them. (again this still depends on how deep your fold is). Next time, tell your dermatologist that you want full correction and ask them to give you a consultation so that you know what to expect. Good luck!  

Stacy Chimento, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon