Good results with upper knees lipo? (photo)

I would like to get some lipo on the upper part of my knees but I was wondering if this area had a high risk of uneveness, irregularity or indentation? I have a large pocket of fat on my upper knees and lower thighs. Thank you.

Good results with upper knees lipo?

+2

You are one of the few patients in whom I would consider knee liposuction a reasonable investment, based upon the picture submitted. An exam would be necessary to confirm this.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

LIposuction of Knees

+2
It is quite common for some individuals to have fullness in the medial (inner) knee region, and as long as the overlying skin is smooth and firm enough, then removal by liposuction should create a nice result. The problem is when the skin is too loose, showing dimpling or rippling. Then the skin will not lay down smoothly after fat removal. Your photos seem to indicate that you could expect a nice result with minimal risk for uneveness or irregularity. Of course a plastic surgeon experienced with liposuction can discuss the risks and benefits of such a procedure at your consultation.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Upper knees lipo

+2

It appears that you have slight extra fat on the inner knee. And your skin appears nicely tight. Therefore, you will most likely have a good result with your knee liposuction.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Above The Knee Liposuction

+2

Suprapatellar (above the knee) liposuction can be very effective as long as one has good skin quality. You appear to have good skin without much looseness and some fat that can be removed. Uneveness or irregularities should not be a major risk for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposculpture of the knee area

+2

I will commonly sculpt this area with liposuction and your photo seems to indicate that you would be a good candidate. I will often utilize laser assisted liposuction to give the maximal skin retraction and smoother result to optimize your aesthetic outcome. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with liposculpture experience for an in-person consultation. Good luck.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Knee Liposuction

+2

Yes, the knees can be suctioned. The most common area is the inner aspect above the joint. Your skin tone seems to look adequate so you should be a good candidate. If the skin tone is good, unevenness is unusual in this area.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Knee liposuction is so beneficial to so many patients.

+1

Knee liposuction is so easy to go through and makes suck a great improvement that we recommend it on all thigh liposuction patients. If it is just the knees, then you can drive yourself to and from the doc's office and have it done under local for roughly $3500 on special and be back to work in 1 day. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon