Am I Asking Too Much from a Rhinoplasty Surgeon? (photo)

I want my nose to be modeled as close to my favorite actress. Judging by my photos and the ones provided am I being overly optimistic?

Unachieveable Rhinoplasty Results

+2

Those rhinoplasty goals for you are either overly optimistic or unrealistic, depending upon how you prefer to phrase it. You do not have the skin or the underlying support structures that can be changed to achieve that exact nasal shape. That does not mean that rhinoplasty can not make some major changes in the shape of your nose, and those pictures convey the type of fundamental changes you want, but you would have to be willing to accept a surgical outcome that is most likely halfway between where you are now and your ideal goal.

Rhinoplasty and Realistic Expectations

+2

Hi A,

Sorry but it would not be realistic to expect rhinoplasty to give you results similar to your favorite actress.  Unfortunately you may be find a surgeon willing to attempt to give you those results, to which I can only say two words, Michael Jackson (rip).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

I want a nose like my favorite actress

+2

I think this nose is very unrealistic for you.  The actress you showed has a very narrow, defined nose with thin skin.  To narrow your nose that much would look very unusual with your face (and would probably not be possible, anyway).  You should schedule a consultation with a surgeon that can use computer imaging to show you realistically what your nose might look like after surgery.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations with rhinoplasty

+1

It is very important to have realistic expectations  before embarking on a rhinoplasty. It is impossible to give an ideal model's nose to someone who has completely different type of nose structure. Thick skin is a significant limitation what can be accomplished during the rhinoplasty procedure. That said, there are refinements that can be made to the nose such as narrowing the tip, narrowing the nostrils, and narrowing the nasal bones. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to give yourself an idea of what your  aesthetic goal may be

It is no a reallistic expectation/ no tienes una expectativa realistica

+1

it is unpossible to get  what you want  it might improves a lot but not to get  just like your favorite actress,s nose

no podria igualarse a la de tu artista es imposible

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Expectations

+1

It would be impossible for you to achieve results similar to your favorite actress because your skin is thicker than hers. Your nose can be dramatically improved but a surgeon cannot reduce the thickness of a patient's skin.

Am I Asking Too Much from a Rhinoplasty Surgeon?

+1

You have unrealistic expectations in achieving a result that you depicted in the posted photos. Best to re evaluate your wishes. 

Expectations and rhinoplasty surgery

+1

When looking at your nose and comparing it to others it is okay to look at certain features that you like and those that  you do not like.  It is not possible to put someone elses nose on you.  Looking at your photo and your desired look.  I do not think you could come close to this result.  You have thicker skin on the tip of the nose as well as weaker cartilage.  You can attempt to get some projection of the tip with cartilage grafting and thinning of the tip by removing some of the fibrofatty tissue above the tip cartilage.  Computer imaging would be a very educational tool for you to understand what can be accomplished.  

Yes, You Are Asking Too Much

+1

I agree with Dr. Hughes on this issue.  A result similar to Aishwarya Rai's nose (as shown) is very unlikely due to the thickness of your skin.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I think you can get pretty close to what you want. The best way to know is send your pics for computer imaging. This will give you an idea of how close you can get to an actual result. Make sure you choose a surgeon that specializes in African American Rhinoplasty. Feel free to send your pics to the weblink below.

Dr.S.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS