Is It Possible to Get the Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants? If So, How Safe is It?

I'm worried that once I do get the bbl I won't have enough fat or the fat will get reabsorbed into my body. I used to have a butt but for no reason it just shrunk and absorbed itself into my body lol. If either scenario happens I would like to get implants. Is it possible to get both procedures done?

Butt implants after BBL

+1

Absolutely.  You can have a Brazilian Butt lift and later have buttock implants if you want even more volume.

BBL - butt implant safety

+1

The transferred fat and implants to the buttock can be done however I would not do them at the same time.  I'd first try the Brazilian butt lift if you have enough fat.  Then if you need more volume, visit with a plastic surgeon familiar with buttock implants.

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Buttock Augmentation Options

+1

It is possible to have both implants and fat transfer (aka "BBL") done at the same time.  However it should only be done in very experienced hands because not only do very few surgeons perform a high volume of buttock implants but adding the fat transfer at the same time increases the risk of contamination of the implant and the possibility of fat resorption.

In general, allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere.   There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred.  This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflamation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  I prefer to insert the implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%.  Hope this helps…RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Fat transfer and butt implants

+1

I personally do not like to use implants and therefore don't mix the two. Theoretically you might have less fat graft survival from the pressure of the implant compromising blood supply/circulation.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD