5 Weeks Post Breast Implants and Different Shape on Both Breasts? (photo)

Im 5 weeks post op i had saline unders 410 left and 420 on the right breast because the surgeon saw a diminutive difference on the size of the breasts. my right breast is dropping faster breast but my left breast looks longer and my right breast is "shorter but fuller" they look like 2 complete different breasts, im only 5 weeks but my concern is as the left breast drops more will it look even longer or will it start looking more fuller like my right breast looks? Thank You.

Your asymmetry after breast implants should improve with time after 5 weeks

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. At 5 weeks the asymmetry you now see is to be expected. I do expect that with continued normalization of the implant position your symmetry will be less evident. Be sure to express your concerns to your plastic surgeon to resolve your fears.

5 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

The implants will likely continue to drop and may give an apparent lift to what is present now.  Preoperative pictures would be helpful, but I would suspect grade II ptosis before.  I do not think that the breasts are particularly asymmetric.  Once again, preoperative pictures could shed light on this.  You may need some sort of breast lift in the future if you are bothered by areolar position.

Asymmetric Results after #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, it does not appear to be terribly asymmetric. At 5 weeks, there is plenty of time for things to change and evolve. However, some of the things you may have noticed are things that have always been evident. You should look closely at the before photos to get a better idea of what you are seeing. As always, be patient. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

5 Weeks Post Breast Implants and Different Shape on Both Breasts?

+1

In my opinion only based on the posted frontal photos you have a very good early result. Best to discuss with your surgeon or see second opinion PSs in MIami to examine you and inform you of any options. 

Different Shaped Breasts after Breast Implants

+1

Based on your photos, I do see that the left breast looks longer than the right, as you have described. At 5 weeks post-surgery, it is not uncommon to have some asymmetry between the breasts. Your implants have not completely settled, but will continue to settle for the next several months. Implant displacement massage can be very helpful in facilitating the settling of breast implants. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if this is something that he/she would recommend.

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

+1

It is not uncommon for one implant to settle a bit sooner than the other side. The breast with the higher implant will have less volume in the lower portion of the breast and may feel more saggy. It may also appear taller because the higher implant increases the distribution of breast volume.

It is not possible to give you specific feedback about your particular case without knowing what you looked like pre-op and examining you. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon. If one implant is higher, he or she may recommend displacement exercises or a stabilizer band to help correct the problem before complete healing occurs.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Shape

+1

the size difference of 10 cc is insignificant. You may have ptosis which can only be seen with the lateral photoraphs.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS