I'm having a Tummy Tuck along with Liposuction of the flanks, hips, and back with hernia repair. Is this dangerous? (photos)

I am having a tt along with lipo of the flanks hips and back with hernia repair.I heard there a risks Iinvolved that make me nervous and scare. Wonder if ffatality is also involved . Please let me know. Included is a photo of my tummy.

Hernia repair and cosmetic surgery.

+1
Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion I would not have the hernia repair and cosmetic surgery together. I would get the hernia repaired  first. Allow for complete healing from that operation and then proceed with your cosmetic surgery. 

I'm having a Tummy Tuck along with Liposuction of the flanks, hips, and back with hernia repair. Is this dangerous?

+1
This will depend upon the extent of the hernia and your overall medical condition.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Body contouring procedures with abdominoplasty are common.

+1
The composite of operations you are describing is common. Whether or not you are a suitable candidate yourself depends upon your personal medical situation and is the responsibility of the surgeon to assess the situation.

Risk and abdominoplasty surgery

+1
Any surgical procedure has associated risk.  It is the job of your plastic surgeon to help you understand your risk and help you make an educated decision.  No plastic surgeon wants to take unnecessary risk when performing an abdominoplasty.  This is why a thorough physical examination and review of medical history is needed.  

Lipo with tummy tuck and hernia repair risks

+1
Liposuction with a Tummy Tuck and Hernia repair can be done together, and safely assuming that your plastic surgeon is conservative and uses common sense. There are risks involved, and multiple procedures do have a higher risk, especially DVT and Pulmonary Embolus. I highly recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and ask him specifically how much liposuction he expects to perform, where the surgery will be performed (outpatient, office or hospital) and how he expects your recovery to proceed. Be safe, be careful, and most importantly be informed. I hope this has helped.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

+1
A Tummy Tuck with liposuction and hernia repair are very frequently done together. Schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery date to discuss your questions and concerns. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures with tummy tuck

+1
These procedures are done every day, all surgery has risks and benefits. If you are not comfortable with the risks explained to you by your PS, you should not proceed with the surgery .

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+1
I think you need another in person visit with your surgeon to discuss all your issues before hashing surgery...