Ten days after abdominoplasty I develop a seroma. Do it needs to be drained? What would be the best treatment? (Photo)

Drainage removed one week after surgery, two days post removed my belly looks like the pics. I feel abdominal and pubis discomfort .

Does my tummy tuck seroma have to be drained

+1
Yes, your tummy tuck seroma has to be drained. This can be done by a needle in the office, pulling out the fluid with a syringe. It needs to be done 2 - 3 x  a week until there is no more fluid. See your surgeon.

Seroma treatment

+1
First line treatment is possibly to replace the drain.  This can be done in the office.  Once the drainage is below a certain level it can be removed.  Another option is to do serial aspirations but this would involve multiple visit to your surgeon.  Finally if this is not working, a return to surgery to remove the seroma cavity and place plication sutures is effective in the most recalcitrant cases. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Ten days after abdominoplasty I develop a seroma. Do it needs to be drained? What would be the best treatment?

+1
If you think you have a seroma then you should see your plastic surgeon to aspirate it. 

Best wishes!!

Yily De Los Santos, MD

Seroma management

+1
Thanks for the pictures.  If you believe you have a seroma then you need to see your surgeon.  Physical exam should determine if a seroma is present.  If that is the case then a drain must be placed.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
Go see your surgeon ASAP!!! Or was your survey out of country?? If so I can see you on Monday BUT I charge a fee of $750 to see you and do ONLY needle aspiration. If need re insertion of drain than fee is $1,800. Otherwise good luck....