Thanks for the question. You have to inform to your surgeon about it , but i recommend that if you get worst chance the date until you get well and take vitamins C ... hopefully that you recovery soon .Best wishes !!
It is best to honestly share your symptoms with your plastic surgeon. Hopefully you will feel much better. But since this is elective surgery, it is best to postpone your procedure(s) if you have full blown upper respiratory/ cold symptoms. Best wishes.
Hopefully you will be fully recovered prior to your surgery. If not and you are running a fever with a productive cough the surgery should be delayed. Make your plastic surgeon aware of your current medical condition.
This would be a good time to contact your surgeon and explain your symptoms.Your surgeon may want to examine you to determine what can be done to optimize your condition preoperatively. Coughing and sneezing in the postoperative period can lead to problems with wound healing. This is purely elective surgery and for you to get the best outcome should make sure you are in the best health possible at the time of your procedure.
My advice would be to contact your surgeon now. He/she may start you on an antibiotic prior to your surgery. It is important that you avoid over the counter medications which may contain aspirin or ibuprofen prior to your surgery. Let your surgeon know what is going on as he/she is most familiar with your particular case.
Best of luck,
Your specific decision will be made by your own surgeon and anesthesiologist. An emerging virus generally results in postponement of the case were as a resolving viral Illness often times permits the operation.
You should call you surgeons office and inform them of you symptoms. His advise and elvaluation will be best. Good of luck, Dean Vistnes.
Best to call your chosen surgeon to inform him/her of you possible cold. If you get any worse than YES cancel your surgery...
Thank you for the question! I would check-in with your surgeon as soon as possible. Seasonal allergies do not present a real problem, but a severe cold would be enough to postpone surgery in my clinic. This is an ellective surgery, so all modifiable risk factors should be optimized prior to undergoing the procedure.
A visit to your surgeon and primary care physican will help determine the severity of the illness and decisions can be made from there. Best of luck.