I am on my 3rd day post-op and so far I've been doing very well. I have one concern, I have this weird shock-like pain on my left breast around the bottom part near the inside of my nipple. I kinda have to hold my breast upwards with some pressure so it doesn't hurt when I move and the pain is mainly there when I walk. I don't see my surgeon until Monday afternoon on my 5th day post op visit. Can someone let me know if you have/had the same pain? HELP!
Sharp & Shock-Like Pain? (photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Post surgical pain
Varying degrees of discomfort are the norm rather than the exception after any surgery. “Electric shock” like pains can be a normal discomfort after surgery which may indicate irritation of the nerves. For peace of mind, call your surgeons office and discuss this with them prior to your scheduled appointment.
Pain After Braest Augmentation
Women complain of all sorts of discomfort after breast augmentation with the worst pain usually occuring from the second through the fifth day. Commomly the implants are likened to an "elephant sitting on your chest". Stabbing chest and nipple pain occur and frequently you have back pain as well. Your pain sounds totally normal at this point in time.
Sharp & Shock-Like Pain?
Discomfort is the rule after surgery. Every patient has a unique experience. Nothing sounds alarming from what you write. your question is best addressed to your surgeon. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Recovery and Pain After Breast Augmentation
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Probably nerve regeneration
I recommend you talk about this with your surgeon, however, when you see them.
Sharp Pain 3 Days after Breast Augmentation
In general, sharp pains are common 3 days after breast augmentation. In the absence of hematoma, seroma, or any gross abnormality, this can be followed.
Normal Symptoms At 3 Days Post-op
Thank you for your inquiry.
It seems that you are exhibiting normal symptoms at 3 days post-op.
Please remember that your chest will have to accommodate in the presence of implants that were not present before in it.
Different patients will feel different sort of symptoms that are part of the recovery process.
Although it seems pretty normal, I encourage you to communicate what you are feeling with your surgeon during the appointment on Monday.
Meanwhile, try to stay rested and follow your surgeon's instructions religiously.
I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.