Just Removed Stitiches, Reducing Scaring? (photo)

Hello, I Just removed my stitches, from a super deep laceration cut to the upper lip. It was 3 stitches, I had it on for about 5 days, and was removed about 24 hours ago.I am left with the scar you see in the picture. I have a few questions. 1) How long for injury to completely heal, in regard to swelling? 3) Is there anything I can do to promote healing and the disappearing ( or at the the very least greatly reducing) of the scar? Right now I am putting neosporin on it Thank You, Chris

Methods to help reduce scarring on lip wound

Neosporin or an ointment like aquaphor is helpful in the immediate healing period to keep the wound on your lip from drying out.  I would continue that for another week.  It's also a good idea to use some form of lip product with an SPF to give it some sun protection.  It will take several months for the wound to heal fully.  I would recommend waiting at least six months and re-evaluate how it looks at that time.  If there are an issues with the scar, a scar revision could be most likely done to improve it.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon