Radiesse on cheeks. How can I make it last longer? Would another filler be better? (Photo)

I have had radiesse 3 times, every 6 months on the right side of my face. However it seems to metabolize really fast and I always go back to that little hole I have in my cheek. Last time Was a month ago, I got it in both sides, right side seems to have it reabsorbed already and left side seems ok. Should I try another filler or this is just me and won't change ever? Also should I massage the radiesse to reposition it? Thanks

Depression recurs quickly

+2
Radiesse is a good filler for you but if you like the initial effect but it just does not last long eneough I suggest you consider Voluma. This filler has more lifting ability and will last twice as long or even longer.  Ideally, you should have a few pillars of Voluma laid down with Restylane on top of that.

Radiesse: duration of effect

+1
Radiesse is a great semi-permanent filler which lasts up to 18 months. Anectodally, I believe that this product does have some lasting effect in inciting collagen production. 

If you've had 3 treatments and don't see that the product is lasting. I would consider consulting with your Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon regarding the use of Voluma. 

Jennifer Ahdout, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Radiesse lasting briefly

+1
There are a small subset of patients in which it seems that Radiesse absorbs quickly.  The options include increasing the amount that is injected at the time of injection, or trying an alternative product.  Juvederm Voluma is another nice option, and works well in the cheek area, and is reported to last 2 years or longer when injected.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse on cheeks. How can I make it last longer? Would another filler be better?

+1
Radiesse usually lasts 12-18 months on most patients, you may want to consider trying Voluma next time 

More Radiesse? Other options for long lasting fill

+1
Agree that you may not have had enough Radiesse injected for full correction. You may wish to consider returning to your injector for additional treatment.  I do not recommend massaging the Radiesse to reposition it. That is a task for your injector.
Another filler to try is Artefill, which is a very long lasting filler.  Juvederm Voluma is potentially another filler to try, however it is a hyaluronic acid filler and you will need to be sure to follow injector recommendations for satisfactory, and long lasting results.
Fat transfer injection is yet another option.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Radiesse in cheeks isn't lasting

+1
Do you know how much Radiesse you had put in? My first thought is that you simply aren't having enough injected so it's not that it's going away so quickly, it's that once all the swelling resolves, there's not enough product in there. Voluma is a softer filler and I much prefer it in the cheeks. At this point, I'd suggest you try that and see if it lasts longer.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Radiesse or another filler option for longer lasting results

+1
Radiesse typically will last for about 12 months when injected properly.  Most other fillers do not last as long with a few exceptions. Sculptra and Voluma both report longer lasting results. However, fat transfer may offer the longest lasting result. For the fat cells that survive, they last for many years, offer a natural and nearly permanent correction. It is important to see a physician with extensive experience in advance fat grafting techniques for best results. Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse or Another filler

+1
For deep soft tissue augmentation, Radiesse should last closer to a year. However, there are patients in whom Radiesse seems to dissipate quicker.
If Radiesse doesn't fill in the dimple in your cheek to your satisfaction, you may want to try one of the hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm or Restylane. 

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon