Am I a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift and will I get my desired results?

I am 5'9 and weight about 160. My measurements are 31-29-41. How much weight do you think I need to gain in order to have great BBL results. I want to decrease my waist to 27 and increase my hip to 46 or 47. I'm wondering if I would get my ideal shape?

+3
     Some of this will depend upon how you look now, so pictures or an exam would be helpful to determine how your fat is distributed.  The answer to this question is very much dependent upon your choice of surgeon and how much your surgeon will work to achieve your goals.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Hello, In order to determine that you are a candidate for the procedure and that the results you desire are achievable, I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the brazilian butt lift procedure. Based on your measurements above it sounds like you are indeed a candidate for the procedure.

Jaime Perez M.D.
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

BBL candidate

+1
You could be a good candidate for the BBL procedure. However, a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
From your description, it sounds like you may be a very good candidate for the BBL. But you need to be examined to get a better understanding of your candidacy for the procedure as well as your expectation and whether they can be reasonably be met. You need to consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+1
You might be a very candidate but it is best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. Good luck in your choice to move forward.

BBL

+1
photos would be beneficial along with some additional information to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for the procedure in which you are interested.  No one will be able to guarantee that you will change your measurements to these exact specifications, therefore an open discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon will be useful after reviewing your pictures / exam to help determine if your expectations are realistic.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
When doing Brazilian Butt Lift , like any other fat transfer, the amount of fat transferred should be in a ratio of 1:1 to the volume of the buttocks. Injecting more than that will lead to no take of the graft, fat necrosis, and disappointment. This is the science, not the hype of stuffing the buttocks with fat regardless of the science.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

+1

With a Brazilian butt lift you would be able to accomplish a very nice results, is hard to tell without seen pictures or having an evaluation. Search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Mel T. Ortega, MD