After upper lid surgery for ptosis on both sides there's asymmetry left that wasn't necessary. What are my options? (photos)

After upper lid surgery for ptosis on both sides there's asymmetry left that wasn't necessary. After the left eye had been lifted mostly medial and not lateral the surgeon did it the other way round with the right eye after I told him I didn't like the new shape of the left eye. Result: the left eye now is a bit droopy and the right eye is almond shaped. The surgeon now said I could consider a canthoplasty left, but I think the problem is still mostly the upper lateral lid. What are my options?

Options after ptosis repair

+1
vary by what is bothering you the most.  Overall, you have a very good result.  No surgeon can promise you perfect symmetry and in ptosis surgery, the goal is to simply lift the lids off the pupils which has been accomplished.  Without knowing what is concerning you, no options can be provided.

Asymmetry after ptosis repair

+1
There are no pre-operative photos for comparison. It looks like you healed well and had a good result. The objective was not perfection. The objective was to correct the ptosis, a congenital medical problem. Your surgeon has achieved that. I am not sure what is meant by "asymmetry that wasn't necessary". You probably started with asymmetry, so your surgeon needed to perform an asymmetric procedure. That is not as easy as typical symmetric upper eyelid excess skin removal.You may benefit from minimal redundant skin excision on the right but you may end up chasing the preverbial tail. You had a good result. Give it at least a year before considering revision or touch up.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

The hard part is done.

+1
Your surgeon was able to correct the lid height.  That is the most technically challenging part of the surgery.  It appears that there is a small amount of extra skin on the right.  This can be corrected easily with an in-office procedure.  Best of luck.  

Jason Mussman, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Post-op ptosis

+1
You really don't look bad at all and the lid height is fairly even on both sides.  The left eye is about 1mm lower than the right, and you have some asymmetry of the lid creases.  This can all be corrected with a revision surgery. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

After upper lid surgery for ptosis on both sides there's asymmetry left

+1
I assume you are 6 months post op??? Than maybe skin excision on right only. In my over the internet opinion your ptosis correction is good...