2 months post op, My left nostril is way larger than the right one & I have breathing obstruction in it. Is this normal? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 2 months ago, had a bump shaved off, and grafts placed to fix a droopy tip. When I look closely in the mirror, I can see something inside my left nostril (right where the nostril meets the right one), not sure if it's cartilage or bone, but it is definitely noticeable in good lighting. Please help me figure this out. Ps. My surgeon wasn't helpful at all when I asked, and politely rushed me out of the office.

2 months post op, My left nostril is way larger than the right one & I have breathing obstruction in it. Is this normal?

+1
ONLY in person examination allows a definitive response. Please seek second opinions from boarded PSs in MIAMI... 

Asymmetric Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear eleninmiami~

Thank you for your question. It looks as if your columella is still swollen, particularly on the right side. Two months after surgery you likely still have a lot of swelling that should improve with time. It is too early to tell if the nostrils will stay the way they are or become more symmetric as the swelling resolves.

Your photos do not show anything inside your left nostril. What you are seeing in the mirror could be a dissolvable suture, a mucus crust, or the edge of an incision or graft. It's really not possible to say without an exam.

Your surgeon is the best person to answer specific questions about your nose, and I'm sorry to hear that you did not feel that your concerns were addressed at your visit. If it would be reassuring to you, you could consider seeing another surgeon for a second opinion.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.  However, without an exam it would be difficult to give any advice.