2 months post op, My left nostril is way larger than the right one & I have breathing obstruction in it. Is this normal? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 2 months ago, had a bump shaved off, and grafts placed to fix a droopy tip. When I look closely in the mirror, I can see something inside my left nostril (right where the nostril meets the right one), not sure if it's cartilage or bone, but it is definitely noticeable in good lighting. Please help me figure this out. Ps. My surgeon wasn't helpful at all when I asked, and politely rushed me out of the office.

Too soon to judge

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with asymmetry of your nostrils. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS