I'm planning to hire a caregiver to help me after my Brazilian butt lift. How long will I need assistance after?

Hi, I will be traveling alone to get the Brazilian butt lift surgery done and I'm going to hire a caregiver to help me in the beginning. I wanted to know how long will I need this caregiver to assist me. Thank you :)

+1
It is difficult to say how long would be enough time for you but 1-2 weeks is typical. It depends on your doctor's recommendations as well as your lifestyle and healing process. 

+1
Hi. Everyone of us have specific protocols for the aftercare of a BBL. The patients are advised not to sit on their buttocks for 4-6 wees after surgery. Of immediate concern would be the first 4 days or so. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

BBL recovery

+1
you really should ask your BBL PS about his/her specific recommendations as postoperative protocols do vary from surgeon to surgeon.  My BBL procedures are done as outpatient surgery.  My patients are walking the same day of surgery.  But no prolonged sitting on the buttocks for 10 days.   Best wishes.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1
Thank you for your question, every doctor has different post op requirements, I advice my patients when traveling to stay within the area at least one to two weeks after the surgery before they are able to fly back home. You can also research some recovery homes within the area, these places have nurses and certified staff that help you with everything, they normally have all inclusive packages so you wont have to worry about anything.
Good luck.
Salvador Pantoja M.D.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL Recovery

+1
Different doctors have different postoperative regimens following BBL.  I ask my patients not to put any pressure on their buttocks for 10 days after surgery.  That means no sitting (except for using the toilet) and laying on your belly or sides only, not your back.  For the earlier part of that 10days you probably won't want to sit anyways since your buttocks will probably be sore.

I think it would be nice if you had help for 1 week after the surgery.  After that you should be up and moving around pretty well.  If you have young children you may want to extend the period of help a bit longer.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

+1
    This is variable to some extent.  I have nurses that stay with my out-of-town patients as necessary.   Find an expert at BBLs who has good before and after pictures and good reviews.

Care after BBL

+1
Each doctor will have a different care regimen post op.  It is important to avoid pressure on your buttocks for the first several weeks and to wear your supportive garmets. You will need to be up and walking immediately after surgery to avoid blood clots.  Help for the first 1-2 weeks would likely be sufficient.  Good luck, 

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon