I Am a 23 Year Old Female with Dark Under Eye Circles, What is the Most Effective Treatment for the Removal of the Bags?

Im in the miami area.

Dark circles without wrinkling can be fixed without an external scar

+1

The most effective way to get rid of fat bulges without skin wrinkling is the internal or trans-conjuctival approach.  This is done without an external scar.  If there is still discoloration afterwards, you may have extra pigment besides the shadows from the bulges.  There are a variety of skin "bleaches" that may help by causing less pigment formation as your skin turns over forming new skin.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Effective treatment to remove eye bags

+1
A photo would have helped to analyze your condition. There are many reasons for dark circles. Most common is the structural change due to loss of volume or shift of volume. This causes hollowness and tear trough deformity. Fat bags exaggerates the circle as the sausage shaped fat bulge is limited in the blower part by orbital septum. Assuming these are the issues, structural fat grafting is a good solution to resolve this problem. If fat bags are excessive then removal of the fat bags transconjunctival approach is a good option.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles versus eyelid bags

+1

Dark circles are treated with makeup and concealer. Herniated and puffy lower eyelid bags are treated with a trans-conjunctival approach  for removal  of the fat from inside the eyelid.

Bags and dark circles are not the same thing.

+1

An eye concealer (make up) is very helpful.  Even a good eye cream will help.  Beyond that there is not much that can be determined without at least a photograph if not an actual in person consultation.  A circle is caused by the insertion of the orbicularis oculi muscle in the lower eyelid by the nose.  Filling this with hyaluronic acid fillers has proven to be a very reliable treatment that can last a year or more.  Bags tend to imply something that needs a surgical fix.  That surgery would very much depend on precisely what causes your "bag."

Treating dark eye circles without surgery

+1

Hi Connie,

The reason people get bags and darkness under their eyes is multifactorial.  I treat these problems on a daily basis.  In young patients with good lid position the solution is usually volumetric balancing of the face, a technique that I call 'Aesthetic Facial Balancing.'  With this technique I balance the features of the face to bring out the highlights that disguise beauty like bags under the eyes and create a subtle attention to the cheeks and brow.  The result is a completely 'untouched' and natural look with a happier, healthier and more alert appearance.  I even treated myself with this technique and published it on YouTube.  I would recommend a similar sort of treatment with either Perlane or Juvederm ultra plus which are both very safe preparations of hyaluronic acid.  Avoid all other fillers as they have unacceptable complication profiles or just dont last.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD