How to Find a Right Doctor for Rhinoplasty? The Price Range Difference Are Huge in Miami.

So I am planning on getting a nose job I have been doing research on drs and checked there ratings however I have found two doctors I am interested but the cost of one is $9500 and he does nose jobs 4-5 times a week. The other doctors price is $6500-7000 and he does nose jobs 3-4 times a week. They both seem legit, I'm not sure why the price difference is so HUGE! Can someone please advise me!!

The Right Doctor for Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to find a true expert, a rhinoplasty surgeon who teaches it, performs the surgery every day, publishes and writes about it. The cost should be secondary because getting the rhinoplasty right the first time is the most important thing.

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

Do not let the cost of rhinoplasty be the determining factor with regards to your choosing a surgeon. It's important that your surgeon has lots of experience in rhinoplasty to get best results and keep the revisions to a minimum. The cost of a rhinoplasty is determined by the surgeons fee, anesthesia doctors fee, and the operating room fee.  Our price list is located on the link below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

How to Find the Right Doctor for Rhinoplasty? The Price Range Difference Is Huge in Miami.

+1

I would not worry about the price difference.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty costs in Miami

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty is not necessarily indicative of the quality of work. There is no difference from a surgeon that performs 4 or one that performs 5 rhinoplasties a week. In addition, how do you really know that any particular surgeon really does 4 or 5 for that matter? I think the important things to consider, and not specifically in this order are; Is he board certified? Do you like his aesthetic? Is rhinoplasty is primary specialty, or is it breast, hair transplants, or body surgery? Will he allow you to speak to some of his patient(s)? Does he perform the surgery in a certified facility using board certified anesthesiologists? Did they use any "pressuring" tactics? And last but not least, what does your gut feeling tell you?

Web reference: http://drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right plastic surgeon and price discrepancies with Rhinoplasty

+1

Victoria,

There is no question that selecting the right plastic surgeon can be a daunting task.  Price discrepancies are huge in plastic surgery and there are all kinds of practitioners.  You can even get a rhinoplasty for $3000 in Miami but I certainly would not recommend it.  The price range you are looking at is appropriate for expert level rhinoplasty, just be sure that is what you are getting.

My bias is that if you are spending in that price range which is approximately what the average rhinoplasty costs in my practice, make sure that you are getting a surgeon with expert level training and experience.  While low cost often assures low quality, high cost does not assure high quality.  Expert level rhinoplasty surgeons are almost universally true plastic surgeons with additional craniofacial and aesthetic training.  There are many practices all over that do nothing but rhinoplasty and there is a reason for this, they are frequently run by practitioners without plastic surgery training.  In general if a surgeon uses the term "facial plastic surgeon" this means that they are airway surgeons (ENT or Otolaryngologists) that learned how to do plastic surgery procedures from other ENTs.  This is accepted and the ENT/Facial Plastic Surgeons have their own booard and to be clear, there are good and bad in EVERY specialty.  While there are certainly exceptions to every rule, this in general is not what I would consider expert training.  Of course this is my bias but it is the reason that I was fully trained in all aspects of plastic surgery and followed my training with elite international craniofacial and aesthetic training.  There is no way I could ever be as capable as I am with rhinoplasty without such training.  There are a lot less practitioners with this training but we are around and in general you deserve to get this quality of practitioner for the 8500-9500 range. 

What you have to realize is that every nose is different and the surrounds of every nose is different.   The changes need to fit the entire face for a balanced look.  The surgeon must know "all the tricks" not a limited tip rhinopplasty technique to get it right for the individual patient. 

The other important aspect, perhaps even more important than what I discussed above is making sure that your plastic surgeon understands aesthetics and haas a vision that matches yours.  The best way to determine this is by having the surgeon produce a drawing detailing the changes to your profile they see as ideal ( not a silly 3d camera manipulation- I own one but this is a very poor substitute).  The masters that I trained with always did this and I do this for EVERY patient on the first consultation.  It immeasurable helpful in making the patient and doctor feel secure that doctor and patient are on the same page, it also opens a platform for discussion of realistic and unrealistic expectations and allows a demonstration of what effect chin repositioning and other procedures might play.

The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with your practitioner and feel that they have the ssame goals as you no matter what type of doctor you select.  See several and ask them what should be done with your nose before you tell them what you think- this will clearly demonstrate to you whether you are on the same page.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.RianMaercksMD.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.