Does anyone else feel a burning pulling sensation in their stomach. Area when they walk?

I had my tummy tuck 2 days ago and I feel more pain now. Walking around hurts so much, my lower back and a feel a pulling burning sensation in my stomach. I'm thinking to myself what have I done . Please tell me it gets better.

Pain after Tummy Tuck

+2

Two days after Tummy Tuck is very early and what you are describing sounds very typical, including the back pain. And yes it does get better.

Charleston Plastic Surgeon

What to expect after tummy tuck

+1

You are describing a normal experience after a tummy tuck. By the second day, you are up and walking and the pain reflects that activity. Coughing and deep breathing can cause some discomfort, but it is necessary to clear the lungs of the anesthesia gasses and avoid pneumonia. Generally, the midline of the abdominal muscles is also tightened, and although you do not see the vertical row of stitches, they are causing some midline ache or burning when you get up from a seated position. It is not unusual to feel pain in the back as you reset your center of gravity. The pain should get better day by day as you slowly add movement and activity. Be on the lookout for fever, chills, bruising and increase in the size of the abdominal wall contour, and report this to your doctor.

John Cassel, MD

Tummy Tuck Recovery

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said it is still too early in your recovery to expect little or no pain. You should contact and be examined by your surgeon to determine if the discomfort you are experiencing is within normal range or if something else is going on.

Please read the link below which explains physical limitations during tummy tuck recovery.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS