I have a double chin. Would a chin implant, liposuction and muscle tightening help? How much would they cost? (Photo)

I am 21 years old.. My face is not aged but I'm not sure the proper medical term/ surgery I'm looking for. I want a more defined jaw line. My face looks fat like I have a double chin. I don't like my side profile or front profile. Also hoping someone can tell me a price range this procedure(s) cost. I live in Miami FL would be great if someone can do the surgery in my city. Thanks!
See average cost for Chin Implant near Leesburg, VA

Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

+2
I would recommend only SmartLipo Triplex and ThermiTight or Smooth Rf on this area under local anesthesia.. Fee $2,500. 

Double chin treatment

+2
You do have fullness under your chin.

Before you have ANY surgery, have your thyroid checked with a TSH test. I have seen exactly this kind of fullness in hypothyroid women - the treatment is thyroid replacement.

If your thyroid is fine, see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. There are many excellent ones in Miami.
The photo suggests that you just need a small amount of fat removed. Do not have too much done - removing all the fat will leave an indentation under the chin.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Double chin

+2
For sure suctioning would help....... you can remove the excess fat under your chin very simply and easily with local anesthesia and hand suctioning. You would have a very tiny incision under your chin that would need only one suture to close. The results of the suctioning should be permanent so long as you do not have a serious weight gain problem. At 21 years of age the skin under the chin shrinks up nicely on its own and the need for skin excision is not needed and for that matter inappropriate in your age group as would be any platysma work. I cannot tell from your photos too well but at first glance I do not think you need a chin implant. At 21 years old you have "baby fat" and in the next 5 years your face will thin out and look more angular without any surgery. Minor sub-mental hand suctioning in our office would would cost in the area of $2000 dollars. This is a simple and very common problem easily and safely corrected in the office operating room very quickly by any experienced cosmetic surgeon.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and neck liposuction

+2
  The photographs only show small amount of sub mental fat,and do not show the chin area. Simple liposuction of the neck may be all that is required to give more definition to the sub mental area. 

Double chin

+2
These photos don't really show your profile well (should include full face and nose). Regardless, a photo is no substitute for a physical exam performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.  For a small submental fat pad (under the chin) liposuction can sometimes work very well.  If there is skin laxity or significant fat, this will usually require some type of skin excision.  If the platysma muscle has spread and is creating bands, surgical tightening of this muscle may be required.  If the chin lacks projection, a genioplasty can help to both gain projection and tighten the neck slightly.  Any of these procedures can be done alone, or in combination with one another.  You really need to see an ABPS plastic surgeon in order to be further evaluated and advised.

Joshua Lampert, MD

Submental Fullness

+2
Alexandra,

Thank you for your question.  I practice a long way from you, but you should have no problem finding someone closer.  It is difficult to determine from your photos the correct answer to your question.  More photos may be helpful, but there is no substitute for a physical exam with a well qualified cosmetic surgeon.  From your photos, you appear lean, but there is a noticeable bulge in your submental area.  This very well may be excess fat that you will have a very hard time getting rid of with diet and exercise, but you would want to rule out a couple less common causes of swelling in this area before having any of those procedures done.  Any physician would want to make sure you don't have a plunging ranula (clogged minor salivary gland that has enlarged downward from the floor of the mouth) or dermoid cyst.  Treatment for these would be quite different obviously.

Should this just be excess adipose tissue (fat) under the chin, you would probably be best served with liposuciton contouring.  This is of course assuming that I was correct about you being lean elsewhere.  There is a suggestion of chin asymmetry in the photos which could be corrected, but I don't get the impression that you need an implant.

As far as pricing goes, you really should be evaluated first to determine what needs to be done and then go from there.  I hope this at least helps a little.  Best of luck!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a double chin. Would a chin implant, liposuction and muscle tightening help? How much would they cost?

+1
Hi. You are the absolute perfect candidate for liposuction of the submental area or neck. It is very difficult to tell from your pictures if you might also benefit from a chin implant because I don't see profile views. From thos photos that you have submitted, it does not look like you would benefit from a chin implant.

As far as muscle tightening is concerned, you don't needed. You are young and those neck muscles are as tight as they are ever going to be. I find that of all the liposculpture/liposuction procedures that are performed, lipo of the submental region is one of the if not the most gratifying to the patients. Patients need to carefully scrutinized so that there won't be loose skin following the procedure. I highly encourage you to find a surgeon certified by the ABPS with extensive years of experience in performing this procedure. Look at many before and after photos and ask to speak to patients who have had it done previously. As far as costs are concerned you are probably looking at around $2000. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD