2.5 months post op Rhinoplasty, is a dent on the tip of my nose normal? (photos)

Hello, I had my rhinoplasty surgery done 2 and a half months ago. In the beginning, my nose was healing fine with only minor irregularities. However, lately I have noticed that a small dent has appeared in between my lower bridge and nose tip. There is some obvious hardness on my nose tip due to swelling, but the dent seems to go inward at the bridge and that frightens me. Could the dent be a cause of irregular swelling or has the cartilage moved?

Two Months Is Very Early

+1
Two months is very early in a rhinoplasty healing process. Asymmetries are not uncommon and could subside as your swelling goes down. I would suggest waiting 10 months before determining whether or not you indeed have a small dent.

Dr. Broadway

Denver Plastic Surgeon

2.5 months post op Rhinoplasty - a dent

+1
Two months is far too early to tell.  There is still much swelling and edema.  Be patient as this is relatively minor and I think will improve over time.  What did your plastic surgeon say when you showed him/her the dent?

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetries after a rhinoplasty

+1
You are very early in the recovery process and asymmetries are very common.  Give it at least one year.

Nasal dent after rhinoplasty

+1
It looks like there is a contour deformity just above your tip complex.  I would wait an additional 2-4 months and if things are not improving as final swelling subsides I would be inclined to think this will be a permanent problem.  If the dent persists you will likely need a revision.  Revision rhinoplasty is trickier (more risk) than a primary procedure so be sure you consult a surgeon (certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery) with expertise in this area.  Injectable fillers may help, but if there is scar tissue the contour may persist.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

2.5 months post op Rhinoplasty, is a dent on the tip of my nose normal?

+1
Very hard to see in your posted photo. Allow a few more months of hireling but if you really feel and see the "dent" than a HA filler could easily solve the issue. Ask your surgeon or see another boarded surgeon in Miami to inject. I charge $500. 

+1
I would get an examination by your surgeon.  It is always difficult to assess the final result early in the healing process.