How soon to correct implant bottoming out?

I'm 2 months after first BA with round smooth gel implants under muscle (200 cc, UHP, 4.1cm projection). They started bottoming out several weeks ago. Is it important to correct the fold soon for proper healing of the pocket? If so how soon? Thank you

BBA

+1
You should see your PS about your concerns.  Without seeing photos of your condition, I can't offer any useful commentary.

Breast augmentation

+1

I would recommend going to see your surgeon about concerns, the sooner the better.  Without photos it is hard to give a recommendation so go see your surgeon.  Best of Luck

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out

+1

I think I answered this question already after photos were posted. As I said, the photos were not that impressive. I would wait it out to see how they relax.

Bottoming out

+1

It would be helpful to see photos before answering this question. There is no better time to repair the bottoming out, but once it is clearly present, the sooner it's done, the sooner the problem is gone.

All the best, Dr Gottlieb

Wait on Revisionary Surgery

+1
Thank you for your question. Correction of bottomed out implants usually requires either suturing of the capsule or the placement of a reinforcing material such as alloderm ( a skin substitute).  The capsule needs to be sufficiently formed to be able to suture securely.  Waiting a minimum of 6 months is better than early intervention.  Best wishes on your recovery.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon