Breast Concerns? (photos)

i had a breast lift with augmentation silicone implant 8 months ago, i had no complications. i recently noticed that my breast have become sensitive to the touch, my incision area has gotten red and warm. I don't know if this is normal 8months post op. Should i be worried? I really hope someone can give me some light on my situation. Who could i see my surgery site has closed as the owners have retired. I'm Scared on what i should do next.

BBA

You need to see a plastic surgeon ASAP!  There is a possibility of a late infection.  This needs to be addressed immediately.  

Redness post lift/aug

Since you are 8 months out I don't think it is an infection.Do you have a fever?I would go to your surgeon and let him evaluate it but I think the red color may be maturating scar tissue but you should ALWAYS go back to your surgeon if you have any concerns.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast concerns

Since infection is on the list of possible causes, you should see a plastic surgeon as soon as possible. Hopefully that is not the diagnosis, but if it is prompt attention is needed. All the best. 

See your surgeon at once....

Those scars could be developing a late infection. That would need antibiotics and/or surgery. Speak to your surgeon ASAP!

Breast Enhancement Surgery

It is possible to have an infection of the implants late. As well it could be the body reacting a long acting suture so please see your surgeon!

Concerns 8 months postop

The best thing to do would be to followup with your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Breast Lift/ Breast Augmentation 8 Months Post Op

See a Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  Some of the deep sutures may be infected.  An exam is needed to make that determination.  You mentioned your surgeon retired.  Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to locate another surgeon in your area.  You should still be able to obtain your medical records regardless of the surgery center closing.  Your new surgeon may be able to help you with that.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD