Can you get a Brazilian Butt Lift and a Tummy Tuck at the same time?

I wanted a bbl and a tt both i really dont want to go through two surgerys i feel like its better to get it over with in one day, is it safe? Is it possible ? How will i recover?

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. Many surgeons have different preferences as to performing different procedures during one surgery. This stems from the amount of time they are comfortable working on a patient.

My best advice to you is too consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the Brazilian butt lift.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Dr. Constantino Mendieta

+1
Hi and thanks for your question. This is a question that comes up frequently. I would not advise both procedures be be done at the same time.

I am not in the camp that advocate doing both at the same time. Think about it, When fat is tranferred to the buttocks, the fat cells need all of the oxygen possible in order to survive. Fat transfers (BBL) require a rich oxygen environment in order to attempt the highest rate of survival of the fat cells. We recommend that our patients do not place any significant pressure on their butts for 4-6 weeks following the BBL.

If you have a Tummy tuck and breast lift done at the same time, how are you going to avoid lying on your back, face up when the tummy tuck prevents you from lying face down? I recommend that the BBL be done first to utilize the abdominal fat which would otherwise be discarded with the tummy tuck. After a minimum of three months , the patient is brought back and the TT is performed.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in the procedures you are seeking. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck............Dr PG

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

BBL and Tummy Tuck

+1
Everyone would love to have one surgery and multiple procedures. Concerning BBL and tummy tuck in my opinion can not be performed at the same time. 

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

BBL and Tummy tuck

+1
I prefer to stage the BBL and tummy tuck because it is safer.  I like to perform a wide undermining of the abdominal flap. I also like to harvest as much fat as possible from the abdomen.

+1
YES!, I do this combination frequently. The issue is if in office surgery center operating suite than ONLY 1 liter of fat can be removed and transferred to buttock (500 ccs per side only!). If in  Hospital OR than amounts increase... Best to se a few Miami boarded PSs that do these combinations. For example Dr Mendietta, Simon, Shalzhauer, Khoury, and myself.. 

+1
Yes, for many patients it is possible and preferable to have a BBL and a tummy tuck performed at the same time as there will only be one recovery period for two procedures. It is not feasible for every patient though, so consult your plastic surgeon. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1
        You can have both done at the same time, provided you are healthy.  The key is to find a surgeon who does the combination frequently and delivers great results.