450 Silicone Implants Too High? (photo)

I had a lift, implant (450 silicone under muscle), and lipo a week ago. I expected swelling and discomfort but my breast are way higher than I expected. They are above my armpit and extremely uncomfortable. I wanted a full soft breasts and instead i have hard rocks stretching into my chest / neck. Can you take a look at my picture and tell me if you think they've been placed too high? Or appear too big for my frame? I feel like something is wrong.

1 week after Augmentation/Mastopexy

+1

You look totally normal and don't worry - you will have soft natural looking and feeling breasts - but it will take some time.  It takes a full month for the implants to get back down into the breast as your muscle relaxes.  Then it takes 3 months for the rest of the swelling to go away so that your breast is completely soft and looks fantastic.  You are on your way - so hang in there!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation mastopexy feeling too high at 1 week.

+1

This is quite normal for an augmentation mastopexy at one week. The implants often feel too high, too big, and uncomfortable. Over time (6-12 weeks), everything drops. Be patient and allow for your body, muscle, and skin to accomodate to the changes.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Opinions on early results

+1

are impossible to give as you will experience favorable changes.  Keep your confidence in your surgeon and follow instructions as they do want you to have the best result possible.  Let yourself heal and then down the road, you can critique your results and let your surgeon know what you think and if any revisions will need to be done.

Curtis Wong, MD

450 Silicone Implants Too High?

+1

Actually, for one week I think that you look good and that, assuming a normal recovery, you should have an excellent result.  You should, of course, discuss this with your plastic surgeon, who knows exactly what was done but - in general - I think you're doing well, so congrats!

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Implants High After Surgery

+1

It's much too soon to tell. Your doctor may give you a bandeau that will go across the top of the breasts to push them down a bit. You are still very swollen and will be for several more weeks. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast Implants Too High after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although your concerns are understandable,  I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and allow for approximate 6 months to pass before evaluating the and results of the procedure performed. Your plastic surgeon may have recommendations such as massage or displacement exercises and/or the use of a bandeau,  to help the breast implants “settle”.

450 Silicone Implants Too High?

+1

Again ONLY 1 week!!! Call your surgeon to see you and discuss the healing phases in a time framework. 

Too high implants?

+1

I thin your implants are probably too big.They will settle somewhat and you can place a strap across the top of your chest to try and get them to settle but at the end of the day they are still 450 cc implants.k

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

450 Silicone Implants Too High?

+1

As stated in other answers it is much too early to judge your results. There is swelling and some dropping will occur. Please followup with your plastic surgeon.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

To High?

+1

I agree with the rest of the docs, wayyyyy to early to comment of outcomes, relax and allow your body to recover and listen to your PS and feel free to question him if you feel like your healing is not going in the right direction, good luck.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon