Fix Indendation After Lipo by Fat Grafting? (photo)

I had a little bit of lipo in my lower left butt cheek a month ago and now I have an indentation with a slight discoloration. Is this permanent? Can it be fixed with fat grafting? Or is there any other method to smooth it out? Thank you.

Fat transfer to an indent in the butt

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is still very early in the post operative period to know if this will be permanent. Please try to be patient and allow time for things to settle. If after 6 months you still have an indentation it may be amenable to fat grafting. I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and let he/she guide you.

Best of luck to you.

Contour Issues After Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your picture. Liposuction of this area is not typical. The best method to correct this contour would be to perform fat grafting. It may take more than one session of grafting to achieve near correction.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fat grafting to fix lipo irregularities

+1

Yes, this is a perfect indication for a fat transfer! It is an outpatient procedure done in an office setting.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposuction

+1

Dents after liposuction can be difficult to correct due to scarring under the skin. Fat graft is a ggod way to fill over resected areas, but may require more than one procedure due to the scarring and decreased vascularity