Miami Facelift Doctor Recommendations

What doctor would you recommend for a Facelift in south Florida? There are so many cosmetic surgery centers down here I was wondering if it's better to go to a doctor with his own practice. Can you recommend a doctor near Miami?

Miami Facelift Doctors

+1

The ASPS website has a physician locator feature that will provide a list of qualified surgeons. Dr. Anire Okpaku and Dr. Jose Perez-Gurri are two possibilities.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area in order to find the one that best meets your needs.

Do see Dr. James Stuzin for a facelift consult

+1

During my residency, I was fortunate to spend a month with the Baker-Gordon-Stuzin practice in Miami.  Dr. Stuzin continues to be an innovator both from a technical as well as aesthetic perspective.  You should definitely make an appointment to visit with him. 

Lavinia Chong, MD

Choosing a surgeon can be a very difficult process

+1

Choosing a surgeon can be a very difficult process. The Websites of each surgeon can show very many exciting qualifications, beautiful before and after photos and great testimonials. These can all be misleading. How do I get the right surgeon for me.

A good approach is to begin by comparing surgeons using characteristics of their practice that are hard to embellish or modify. How many years has the surgeon been in practice. This is easily searched from the governing body of the State (USA) or Province (Canada). Does the surgeon have any malpractice judgements against them. This may be available based on the laws in each State or Province. Next see if you can ascertain from the website what procedures the surgeon is most skilled at perfoming. Next see if you know anyone who has had surgery from that surgeon. How did they find the experience. Next visit a few surgeons, usually you will find one surgeon who you feel is best for you. This does not mean they are the "best surgeon", the truth is there are many qualified surgeons skilled at performing the procedure you desire. It does mean they are the "best surgeon for YOU" .Good luck.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Go to Jim Stuzin in Miami for a facelift

+1

For absolutely certain, Jim Stuzin is the one to see in Miami for a facelift.  If you want the best, go to the best.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Florida cosmetic surgery centers

+1

Hi Morgana. You pose an interesting question about cosmetic surgery centers. I am not familiar with all the center types in Florida. Some centers are businesses owned by a non-physician. The business hires physicians to work for them. There are talented doctors in every type of situation. However, in general, I believe that plastic surgeons with their own practice are preferable. They control everything about their office and are not under "pressure" from business people. I suggest you talk to lots of people to get references and see more than one plastic surgeon in consultation. Look for a plastic surgeon who is Board Certified in their specialty and is dedicated to aesthetic surgery. Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Miami Facelift

+1

If you are considering a face lift and live in Miami, you should definitely visit with James Stuzin. His practice is focused on facial rejuvenation, and he is internationally known for his work. (He has chaired the Baker Gordon meeting for many years - an exceptional facial rejuvenation meeting.) I'm sure you will find many other excellent, board certified plastic surgeons who do good work, but Dr. Stuzin is one of the leaders in the field.

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS